Microsoft has released “out-of-band” emergency updates to fix various critical bugs that emerged after its updates for January.
Updates have also been released for Windows Server 2019, which is not included in Microsoft‘s mass-released updates. Various bugs on Domain Controllers, Hyper-V, L2TP VPN and ReFS, and Windows virtual machines have been fixed with these updates.
How Do Errors Affect?
After the updates Microsoft released for January, users faced various errors. These included failing to connect to VPN, restarting Windows Server Domain Controllers, startup errors of virtual machines and inaccessible ReFS formats, Hyper-V not starting on Windows servers.
Which Versions Do Updates Affect?
To fix the bugs, Microsoft has released “out-of-band” emergencyupdates for Windows Server 2022, Windows Server 20H2, Windows Server 20H1, Windows Server 2016, and Windows Server 2012 R2. Microsoft has also released security updates for Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7 operating systems to fix LT2P connectivity issues. In addition to these, Microsoft has also released an update for Windows 2019, which is not in the mass-released updates.
The following updates can only be downloaded and installed via the Microsoft Update Catalog:
- Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2: KB5010794
- Windows Server 2012: KB5010797
Updates for these Windows versions are also available through Windows Update as an optional update:
- Windows 11, version 21H1 (original release): KB5010795
- Windows Server 2022: KB5010796
- Windows 10, version 21H2: KB5010793
- Windows 10, version 21H1: KB5010793
- Windows 10, version 20H2, Windows Server, version 20H2: KB5010793
- Windows 10, version 20H1, Windows Server, version 20H1: KB5010793
- Windows 10, version 1909, Windows Server, version 1909: KB5010792
- Windows Server 2019: KB5010791 (Released on 1/18/22)
- Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016: KB5010790
- Windows 10, version 1507: KB5010789
- Windows 7 SP1: KB5010798
- Windows Server 2008 SP2: KB5010799
How to Fix Errors?
If you encounter bugs caused by Microsoft‘s January updates, you should do the “out-of-band” emergency updates released to fix the bugs.
Discover SOCRadar® Free Edition
With SOCRadar® Free Edition, you’ll be able to:
- Discover your unknown hacker-exposed assets
- Check if your IP addresses tagged as malicious
- Monitor your domain name on hacked websites and phishing databases
- Get notified when a critical zero-day vulnerability is disclosed
Free for 12 months for 1 corporate domain and 100 auto-discovered digital assets. Try for free